28 May 2019

One wave #2

It's a spilling, A frame wave. It's taller than me, it's glassy, it's beautiful, and it's mine.

I pop up with an angle right in the middle of it and I fly down the line to the right. I let the board go down at the bottom and then push to turn up on a slick wall of water. At the top I hesitate: there's a chance for a noseride. I take two steps. As usual I end up where there's no space left for two more steps but I'm not on the nose yet. I bend on my back leg and stretch the front. My toes are right there on the edge! I'm euphoric and I wonder if my friends can see me. I'm looking at the water right in front, so I don't know. I feel the board coming down. I step back just in time. The wall is small now and it's crushing. I look left. The core of the wave is still nice, clean and going. There I go, cutting back to the left. Up the face, down. The wave is losing energy. I want to carve right, 180degree backhand. I do it, slowly, but I'm getting better. There's not much left to do. I exit standing tall and then I sit down. I start paddling and smiling openly. What a fantastic little ride! I'm over the moon. I love waves that let you choose what to do and interpret them. In my experience they are rare. OMG, so happy. Give me another one.





E' una spilling, A frame wave. E' piu' alta di me, e' glassy, e' bellissima ed e' mia.

Ci salto su proprio al centro e gia' angolato verso dentra. Scendo in diagonale a meta' altezza e dopo un attimo vedo che un muro si prepara davanti a me. Allora vado giu' sino in fondo e cerco di preparare un bottom turn. Giro e ci salgo su. Mi rendo conto che c'e' il tempo per fare noseriding. Faccio il passo incrociato e come al solito finisco a quella distanza in cui non sono sul muso ma non ci sta un altro incrocio. Perdo un attimo di tempo a pensare e decido di allungare la gamba davanti. Mi inchino sulla posteriore e le dita del piede arrivano sul bordo. Esulto dentro di me. Vorrei sapere se i miei amici mi hanno visto ma non posso toglire lo sguardo dall'acqua. Dopo un attimo sento l'onda cambiare sotto di me. Torno indietro giusto in tempo. L'onda qua e' ormai un cadavere ma a sinistra e' ancora decente. Giro completamente e ci vado. Salgo su, forse troppo. La cima rompe nuovamente e non c'e' niente in offerta. Allora scendo e giro con cautela di 180 backhand. Ora vado nuovamente a destra ma l'energia si e' dissipata e l'acqua non mi offre piu' niente. Esco di lato, poi mi siedo. L'euforia mi prende. Remo con un sorriso enorme. Che bella cavalcata! Breve ma ricca di azione. Sono felicissimo. Amo le onde che ti lasciano il lusso di decidere cosa farci su entrambi i lati. Nella mia esperienza sono molto rare. Ma oggi e' cosi'.
Ne voglio un'altra.

No comments:

Post a Comment