07 May 2019

Grateful

Another long weekend gave me the luxury to gamble a bit a try a sort of point break where I only surfed a handful of time.
It's very exposed and I'm still collecting info to create a mind map of when it fits my likes.
So yesterday I wasn't sure what to expect, and when I got there it looked a bit on the big side, which wasn't what I wanted. I went in telling my-self that I already had my sessions, and if for any reasons I didn't like I would just go back home without dramas.

Let me stress the point here, and remind you, that I'm a weekend surfer. Most of the time I only get 1 shot and then it's another week of waiting. My decision of where to go has huge influence on my session, my mood, my entire week and beyond. So in this case I had the luxury to abort a session without too much of whinging.

Anyway. As soon as I got in I saw that yes it was bigger than I expected but comfortably within my reach.
And what a fun session it was! I'm still high.

I was and I'm so grateful to be able to experience that. To enjoy such scenery. 
What a great, beautiful morning.




What a day!


Click to enlarge




Grazie ai giorni festivi sono riuscito a mettere insieme piu' sessioni del solito. 
E ieri mi sono concesso il lusso di scommettere su un point break dove in generale sono andato pochissimo.
E' molto esposto e non ha la qualita' di altri spots. E nella mia testa sto ancora construendo il catalogo delle condizioni che piacciono a me. 
Cosi' ieri quando sono arrivato non ero sicuro di cosa avrei trovato. E dal parcheggio ho visto che era piu' grande di quanto credessi. Sono comunque entrato in acqua portando le aspettative a zero  e ricordandomi che avrei potuto andarmene dopo dieci minuti senza drammi.
Questo e' un punto fondamentale perche' avendo in generale solo una possibilita' alla settimana, devo scegliere il posto che presenta piu' probabilita' di surfare, non il posto con le onde migliori. E la scelta condiziona la sessione, e poi il mio umore, il resto della giornata e il resto della settimana sino al weekend successivo.

Questa volta sono quindi entrato col lusso di poter lasciar perdere facilmente.
In acqua ho poi visto bei picchi trasparenti spesso piu' alti degli umani a bagno, ma tranquillamente alla mia portata.  
E che cosa e' stato! Sono ancora in stato di ebrezza.

Sono grato di poter vivere momenti cosi. In giornate cosi. In posti cosi.
Che giornata.



No comments:

Post a Comment