08 May 2019

Hamboards! #2

It's a bit of a weird period, wave-wise.

Anyway, as I said below, I got the Hamboards skateboard 6’6 to practice the cross-stepping.
It's huge and very heavy. Because I'm hopeless, the first day I didn't even know where to start from.
But the learning curve is fast and the feeling that you get is the most surf-like I could think of.

Compared to the other toys I have:
-The 'normal' skateboard, which is now collecting dust, is extremely hard on your body and does not give you joy at beginner level. Surf feeling is zero at my stage.
-The Carveboard skateboard is great, I love it, but the surf-feeling is limited to hard cut-backs and front turns that I don't perform that much.
-The Goofboard is a fantastic tool for beginners and people that didn't do any board sports (like me). I love it. It unlocked my surf experience, but it's static.
-The Hamboards gives very similar feedback to the Goofboard, but it has the advantage of being in motion. It takes the same game and put it on another level.

For a longboarder the Hamboards is fantastic.
I already feel my feet 'wiser' in the water!





Un periodo di onde strano questo.

Come scritto sotto ho comprato l'Hamboards per praticare il passo incrociato.
Il 6'6 e' davvero enorme e pesantissimo. Essondo io una chiavica il primo giorno non sapevo neanche da dove cominciare. Ma fortunatamente la curva di apprendimento e' abbastanza rapida.
Devo dire che il feeling che provo con questo skate e' cio' che assomiglia di piu' al surfare (il long).
In paragone:
-Lo skate per le rampe, che per ora rimane a prendere polvere, e' quasi solo frustrazione e il mio livello infimo non mi consente di fare niente che possa darmi gioia.
-Il Carveboard e' una figata, lo amo. Ma in termini di surf la somiglianza e' confinata a forti cutback e front-turn che nel mio surfare sono manovre rare e di inframezzo, piu' che altro.
-La Goofboard e' fantastica per acquistare equilibrio. E' uno strumento validissmo per beginners e chi non ha mai fatto sport di tavole (come me quando l'ho presa). Mi ha letteralmente sbloccato, a suo tempo. Ma ha un limite: e' statica, rimane dove la metti!

L'Hamboards 6'6, che ha un feeling simile alla Goofboard, aggiunge al gioco il moto in avanti e le virate, portando la simulazione a tutto un altro livello. Mi piace davvero.

Sembra incredibile ma ho gia' sentito la differenza in acqua.
Sono molto contento.


No comments:

Post a Comment