27 February 2019

Skateboarding at night

Yesterday night I was skating downhill with the carveboard and a friend.

It was a long time since the last time and we were getting back into it. Same old road with a medium slope to play it safe.

Talking about stuff, my friend said: 
‘cool, that’s exactly what I do when I surf, front and back hand’.
Yes I said. And then thought about it. And that’s when the enlightenment struck me.
I don’t actually do the same stuff when I turn backhand on my longboard!
I’m stiff and slow and upright. And I’ve never been happy about it.

So now I just saw the guy in the pic below, who’s doing what everybody do, and I had the final confirmation. That’s what I do on my skate and what I don’t do in the water!
Eureka!

I may have the key to unlock another little step for a good surf.
I’m so stupid. And I can’t wait to do it.


What I should do



Ieri sera facevo qualche discesa col carveboard ed un amico.
Era da molto tempo che non lo facevamo e siamo andati alla solita strada, con pendenza tranquilla, per riprendere confidenza senza romperci niente.

Si scende con lo skate al silenzio post cena di quartiere australiano, e si risale a piedi, tra le chiacchiere, mentre si riporta lo skate in cima. 

E cosi, tra un passo e l’altro il mio amico mi fa: ‘quanto e’ divertente! E poi faccio esattamente la stessa cosa sul surf, front and backhand’. Gia’ , faccio io. E ci penso su. E di colpo mi rendo conto che invece io non faccio la stessa cosa in backhand in acqua!
Le mie virate a sinistra sono quasi sempre lente e noiose, elaborate, e sto su dritto come un palo.

Oggi vedo questa foto, vista simile migliaia di volte, e mi rendo conto che quel tipo sta facendo cio’ che faccio con lo skate! Eureka!

Perche’ non lo abbia mai fatto in acqua non me lo so spiegare.
Ma da domani..

No comments:

Post a Comment