24 March 2014

Noosa waves

I've been so busy I lost the chance to write about some of my last sessions.
So I'll sum them up with this post.
Noosa and Byron Bay are beautiful places which never gifted me with good waves.
But this last month, which had a consistent run of good swells, I followed my friend who insisted to go to Noosa no matter what.
So we have been there from dawn to sunset, festival or not festival, crowded or semi-crowded.
We surfed Tea Tree and Little Cove all the time.
And the waves were sooo good!
It's the first time in my -actually short- surfing life that I get two good days in a row. Well, I've put together 6 beautiful consistent days in few weeks!
The comfort with my new board is growing fast and my joy too.
Something new is happening to my surfing. Little things. It's always about little things. Little things that all together make your ride different. Look different, feel different.
I can definitely say that the Goofboard helped me a lot. It cut short months of tryal. My balance is way better than before and that's the key to be able to think about doing stuff.
My board seems to like steep faces and I got the impression that the more I move it the better it feels.
I'm so happy, I'm so stoked!
A new purchase is on the waiting list. And it's about improving my surfing again.
I can't wait.




Sono stato cosi' impegnato che ho perso l'occasione per scrivere di alcune bellissime giornate passate a Noosa.
Noosa e Byron Bay sono due mitiche localita' per surfare, specialmente col longboard, ma in questi due anni non mi hanno mai regalato onde veramente belle come quelle dei racconti dei tempi che furono.  Anzi, spesso mi hanno fregato!

Ma quest'ultimo mese e' stato ricco di onde perfette ed il mio amico mi ha convinto ad andare a Noosa a tutti i costi. Anche se c'era il festival, anche se la folla sarebbe stata da stadio.
Sono quindi stato capace di mettere insieme 6 giornate di surf con onde spettacolari, cosa mai successa nella mia -seppur breve- vita surfistica.
Abbiamo surfato a Little Cove a Tea Tree tutte le volte, il piu' a lungo possibile, arrivando a fine giornata distrutti e felici.
Nonostante la folla, la qualita' e consistenza delle onde mi ha permesso di provare e riprovare ad oltranza, e questo e' il solo segreto per poter migliorare.
Il mio affiatamento con la nuova tavola finalmente si affina, e comincio a capirne il carattere. E il mio surfare piano piano sta cambiando, anche grazie alla Goofboard, che mi ha risparmiato mesi di tentativi. Il mio equilibrio e' migliore, la mia postura diversa, il mio approccio piu' attivo, la soddisfazione enorme. Sto evolvendo!
Un nuovo acquisto e' nell'aria, ed ovviamente riguarda ancora il surf, o meglio, migliorare le mie capacita' mentre non sono in acqua.
Non vedo l'ora.

No comments:

Post a Comment