31 March 2014

Back to Cooly - Ritorno a Cooly

After many weeks my friend and I went back to Coolangatta.

As I said many times this is the place that I love the most: the water, the sand, the sunshine.. I don't know. I just love it. Even though this surf spot can turn easily in a punishment for me.

Anyway, I just wanted to write down that we surfed all morning with some reasonable waves. Specially during the first hour I got some kind of big waves and I surfed them as I never did before. As I said my surfing is evolving and now I'm enjoying moving my board as much as I can.
But don't get me wrong: I don't care about upscaling my waves. It's just that I'm stoked about being able to surf them and being able to do my little things.

Once again. I'm so stoked. :)

ps- On a side note I just decided to create a "wild life" tag. Unfortunately I didn't write yet about all the wild life spotting I do while out in the water. I kwon that for australian surfers what I see in the ocean is nothing compared to their lifetime experience, but nevertheless I'm so surprise and amazed every time it happens.
Yesterday a stingray cruised below me, while a Pied Cormorant popped up from under the water just few meters away. It was fishing and didn't give a damn about the waves, or the surfers! I love australian wildlife. I love Australia.



Dopo piu' di un mese sono tornato a Coolangatta.
Come ho scritto altre volte amo questo posto. Sara' per l'acqua, la sabbia, lo scenario, il sole.. non lo so.

In ogni caso volevo scrivere brevemente che specialmente durante la prima ora ho beccato qualche bella onda alta quanto me e le ho cavalcate degnamente.
Il mio surfare sta cambiando e si evolve. Muovo la tavola sempre di piu' e sono in grado di interpretare -se mi passate il termine- almeno un poco l'onda, invece che esserne sempre e solo un semplice passeggero.
La soddisfazione e' enorme.
Ogni volta ho un sorriso enorme mentre remo per tornare in posizione.
Cavalcare poi onde cosi' alte e' una bella scarica di adrenalina. Non che mi interessino onde grandi, tutt'altro. E' solo che quando non c'e' scelta ti devi adeguare, e sapere di essere a mio agio e' una grande soddisfazione.

L'utimo mese e' stato fantastico e anche ieri ho finito molto contento.

ps- Aggiungo ora una Tag chiamata wild life-animali. Purtroppo ho sempre dimenticato di scrivere a proposito degli animali che vedo mentre sono in acqua, ed ho deciso di farlo da adesso in poi. Gli avvistamenti sono sempre tanti e belli, ma parto da ieri e lascio al caso il racconto dei prossimi. 
Ieri mentre aspettavo e riposavo, una manta e' passata sotto di me, radente la sabbia, in planata. Poi qualche tempo dopo, un Pied Cormorant e' comparso da sott'acqua, mentre pescava. Era a due metri da me e di certo non se ne preoccupava minimamente.
Non c'e' giorno che non veda qualcosa che in Italia era riservato ai documentari. Amo questo posto.

No comments:

Post a Comment