17 November 2017

Good news (wave pools)

This is good news:


I think this is not happening fast enough.

Honestly, I don’t have much esteem for those surfers who flood these articles with negative comments.

First, they have no knowledge of the technology, the studies and the time these guys invested on it, to say it will not work (or whatever). 
Second, they just seem to be the usual, pointless haters, who pour their frustrations on others.
Third, they speak about the connection with Mother Nature, and the Ocean and stuff, and I really wonder what do they do in their daily life to ease pollution: do they ditch the wax in favor of grip tape? (According to comments on websites and social media no, because wax is better and it’s always been that way..). 
Fourth, they complain about beginners and too much people on their way and (besides them -proficient surfers- being the guys who cause frustration and bad mood in the water) they don’t even see the connection here, ironically.

From my point of view, as a commuter surfer, anything that would enable me to enhance my surfing, and enjoyment, is bloody welcomed. 
I already spend money to get there.
I already have to fit surfing into other aspects of life.
I already wait ages for a good wave.

I, and I’m sure a lot - a lot- of other surfers, just want to catch waves. I want to slide on them. I want to have fun on them. Let’s be honest for a moment: the ocean does not matter. The nature does not matter. Don't get me wrong: it is great to surf in the ocean. It’s beautiful. But it’s just a condition. I go to the beach every week to surf. I don’t go there to watch the water. Before taking on surfing, I went to the ocean just sometimes, because that was also commuting, and "sometimes" was enough.
Take away the ocean e give me a wave pool: I'll be fine.
Give me a forever flat ocean: I'll die.

So: wave pools?
It’s not happening fast enough.



this pic belong to its legitimate owner/s



Una buona notizia:


Queste piscine non arriveranno mai abbastanza in fretta.

E non nutro stima per gli autori dei commenti negativi sotto queste notizie.

Pirma di tutto questi geni del no a prescindere non hanno le conoscenze tecniche per dire se una soluzione possa funzionare o meno. Non hanno idea degli studi fatti, delle valutazioni, della passione, dei soldi, del tempo impegnato. 
Secondo, a me sembrano siano i soliti haters che riversano le loro misere frustrazioni sugli altri.
Terzo, parlano di madre natura giusto per riempirsi la bocca, ma poi mi chiedo quanti di questi facciano giornalmente qualcosa per diminuire l’impatto ambientale delle loro esistenze.  
Quarto, si lamentano dei beginner, essendo pero’ loro - i piu' esperti e spesso i piu' arroganti-  a creare malumori in acqua; ed e’ ironico che  non si rendano neanche conto della connessione tra le loro lamentele e le piscine.

Dal mio punto vista, in quanto pendolare del surf, tutto cio’ che puo’ aumentare il numero di onde e la mia abilita’ e’ decisamente ben venuto.
Costi? Spendo gia’ una cifra per andare al mare tutti i wekeend.
Turni e file e folla? Li faccio gia’ in acqua con l’aggravante di non prendere neanche le onde migliori. E mi devo sbattere pure da giorni prima per incastrare il surf col resto della mia vita.

Io, e sono sicuro la maggior parte degli ipocriti, voglio solo prendere delle onde. Voglio scivolarci sopra. Non chiedo altro. Voglio divertirmi con loro. Sinceramente dell’oceano non importa. La natura non c’entra. E’ bellissimo surfare al mare, in bei posti. E’ una figata immensa. Ma e’ solo una conditio sine qua non. Toglietemi il mare a lasciatemi la piscine a onde: mi va benissimo. Lasciatemi il mare e togliete tutte le onde: mi sparo.

Tornando a bomba: queste piscine non arriveranno mai abbastanza in fretta. 

1 comment:

  1. This post is genuinely incredible. I really like this post. It is remarkable among different posts that I ve read in a long time. You shake for this alright post. I genuinely welcome it! Rundbecken

    ReplyDelete