11 May 2017

Wavegarden new Cove pool

Wavegarden has come up with a new design for its wavepool.

When Kelly Slater released his video everybody was soo excited. His wave showed up on my feed for months.

At the time what I thought was that:
Kelly copied the system from the already existing and operating Wavegarden; He got a lot of exposure and positive comments only because of his name.

Now, this new version seems to be smarter and more efficient. It can make tubes, but it can also modify the features of the waves at command. And in the video you can see one wave after the other without dead moments. 

So, my updated thoughts are:
Kelly is left behind; this time the promo video features clear water!

I can't wait to try something like this.
When I was in PNG I got so many waves in such a short time, my confidence and skills improved without doubts. Imagine if I could spend few days in that pool..

Maybe, when I'll be old, I'll be able to book my surf fix online and avoid the stress of a car trip to the beach and the moody ocean.. I'd be cool!





Quelli del Wavegarden hanno rilasciato un nuovo video in cui si presenta una evoluzione della loro piscina per onde.

A quanto pare il sistema e' evoluto, e non c'e' piu' l'ala che scorre sott'acqua per creare l'onda. Parlano di un sistema modulare in grado di cambiare forma e frequenza delle onde a comando.
Producono anche il tubo che aveva fatto venire in godimento un sacco di gente quando avevano visto il modello di Kelly Slater.

A questo proposito direi che Kelly, dopo aver semplicemente copiato la soluzione originale del Wavegarden abbinandola ad un fondo vasca che facesse tubare l'onda, e' rimasto decisamente in dietro. Strano comunque notare come la sua creazione abbia ricevuto applausi mentre gli  sconosciuti spagnoli si becchino solo critiche.

Ad ogni modo, con un po' di pazienza le wavepool saranno presto realta'. Magari da vecchio, invece di spaccarmi il culo in mare, sara' in grado di prenotarmi le mie sessioni a sbattimento zero.
Sarebbe bello.

(aspettiamo i commenti dei messia del surf che predicano la perdita del regno dei cieli) 


No comments:

Post a Comment