10 May 2015

Heretic - Eretico

If you read my post On surfboard #2, #3 and #4, you know what I think:
Surfboard are obsolete.
No doubt.

Now, because I've time and some money to spend I decided to take the extra step: on my perfectly hand shaped and then perfectly machine reproduced epoxy surfboard, I won't use wax anymore. Fuck wax. 
Wax is a technology from the middle age. Can you believe it?
Nobody is undertaking the problem of the slippery surface like we were still in the 50s, and there's no technology, and they sell you wax.
I'm sick of it.
Wax is polluting, dirtying, annoying, stupid. A stupid solution to a stupid problem.
And polluting. You love the ocean but you discard you load of wax in it every moment.
Stop.

Some times ago I found an ad about a non slippery, transparent sticker for surfboards. It was intended for a public of wooden surfboard users. For not ruining the beauty of the boards with wax. I was surprised nobody ever mentioned this product ever, and nowhere.
I googled it but found nothing, as usual. Surf community is kind of super extremely conservative. Same as for epoxy board, you will never find real comments and evaluations, but only bullshits. Like this two:

whats wrong with just using wax? takes like 10 secs to apply

For me applying wax is part of the whole surfing process. I love the smell of new wax and the feel under my feet, I couldn't imagine using anything else! I know it does get dirty and need removing every now & then but to me surfing without wax is like taking a shit without wiping your arse? 

Wow. Geniuses.
I'm so sick of this attitude.

So I said, ok, fuck it, I'm gonna try it on my own. And the time has arrived.
This are the stickers just out of the box.
Today I spent some 1 or 2 hours removing the wax from my surfboard.
Soon I'll put this "new technology" (!) on it and probably I'll test it saturday.

Now I don't know if this is the answer. Apparently people use it, specially on other boards/sports rather than surfboards. But if someone uses it, it works, right?
Well, if it doesn't work, ok, back to stupid wax. But at least I tried it and I will know how it goes. I could talk about it knowing it, not like the geniuses.  






Faccio l'eretico.
Non saprei come vanno le cose in Italia ma sono stufo della chiusura mentale dei surfisti da queste parti e nel web.
E' impossibile trovare commenti e valutazioni su cose nuove e diverse.
Se avete letto i post Sulle tavole 2, 3 e 4, sapete come la penso: le tavole sono oggetti obsoleti. Si continua a farle come negli anni 50 e nessuno ha mai risolto il problema della scivolosità. Come se non ci fosse la tecnologia per farlo.
E sono stufo della cera che inquina, sporca e fa sostanzialmente cagare in quanto tale.
E soprattutto inquina il mare che i serfisti dicono di amare.
Cosi' ho deciso di provare questi adesivi che vedete in foto. Esistono da un po e li ho trovati pubblicizzati per un pubblico di surfisti con tavole in legno. Essendo l'adesivo trasparente, non rovina la bellezza della tavola. 
Quindi appunto e' un prodotto che esiste, lo usano alcuni con le tavole in legno, lo usano altri per altri sport, ma non si riesce a trovare commenti e valutazioni serie.
Cosi' come per le tavole in epoxy, semplicemente derise a priori, anche questo prodotto e' accompagnato da commenti di questo tipo:

cosa c'e' che no va con la cera? ci vuole un attimo a metterla

per me la cera fa parte del rito. Mi piace al tatto, all'odore, e come la sento sotto i piedi. certo sporca e occorre toglierla e rimetterla ogni tanto, ma non usarla sarebbe come non pulirsi il culo..

I geni.
Quindi basta. Oggi ho ripulito la tavola e una delle prossime sere applico gli adesivi.
Non saprei cosa aspettarmi ma almeno ci provo.
Fanculo gli altri.

No comments:

Post a Comment