14 December 2014

She's my champion!

Stephanie Gilmore won her 6th world title two weeks ago, and right now the guys are battling for the man crown in Hawaii. Mick Fanning and Kelly Slater the front runners.
But seriously: who cares of this guys and girls doing space moves?
 
Instead, I've found my hero in: Chelsea Williams!
 
She just won her first longboard world title in China, on 3 to 4ft waves (says the report).
 
Look at this pic:
This pic belong to its owner ASP / Will H-S

How beautiful is what she's doing?
First: I could surf that wave. Second: I basically have the same board!! And I mean: same. Third: my focus in the last year (in which I didn't surf for almost 8 out of 12 months) was to learn just that turn.
Leaving aside my health, I know I was on right path to make that happen.
 
I look at that picture and I just dream.
 
Fourth: she lives in Gold Coast, and that means I could meet her. I just asked her friendship on FB. She doesn't have a official page, it seems.
No, I'm not going to stalk her! I just find it great to see just a simple girl from around here doing something special, but also something I may -may- be able to learn and do it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment