20 August 2014

The long wait

I had a serious health problem.

No I'm recovering, slowly. I'm not fine yet. 
I have to take it easy and wait. As if I didn't wait already. This is the fourth week of nothing: no surf, no gym, no skate, no bike, no nothing. Yes couch.

I may be able to go surfing again in few weeks. And my fitness will be close to zero.
I know I can go back to normal, just need to wait.

I shouldn't complain too much, given that I'm not missing memorable days. But I love winter, I love surfing in a sunny, warm, winter day, with crystal clear water and small funny waves.
I miss it so much. 

The worst thought of all has been the idea to loose surfing. If I was to give up surfing, I'd be extremely, extremely depressed. I don't think it's possible to substitute it.

I'm a later in life beginner and you know.. I suck. But surfing has filled something in my life that I think it was somehow missing. 

I really want to keep it with me. 






E' un mese che sto male.
Una serie di cose ed un problema che poteva risultare molto brutto.

Invece grazie a Dio, si sta risolvendo con riposo. Riposo e attesa. E ancora riposo.
Un mese che non faccio nessuna attivita', tra surf, skate, bici o palestra.
Riposo e pazienza, e attesa.

Forse a settembre saro' in grado di tornare in acqua, con la forma di una mozzarella.

La cosa peggiore e' stata, ed e', l'idea o l'eventualita' di dover rinunciare a fare surf.
Una cosa del genere mi deprimerebbe troppo. 
Ho iniziato da relativamente poco tempo e sono una schiappa. Eppure questa attivita' ha come riempito un vuoto nella mia vita. Non saprei come spiegarlo. Ma so che rinunciarvi sarebbe una perdita enorme. Non ci sono sport che possano sostituirne la bellezza e la gioia.

Vai di attesa.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment