28 July 2014

Serendipity

I shouldn't change the blog name, I know.

I risk to loose the 3 readers I have.
But
serendipity knocked at my door and suddenly I realised it was all about it. 

I was talking with a guy this morning, someone who I met by chance, and we were saying random stuff and then, randomly surfing came up, and he said serendipity along the way. And it all became clear.

If you read it all started you should know how surfing came to me. It knocked at my door several time, with several disguises, and I resisted it for years. 

Ok, here it is:
20 years ago a dear friend of mine started surfing in Sardinia, Italy. How the hell do you start surfing there? It's like skiing in Australia in the 700's. Sure there's snow sometimes, somewhere.. but.. you know what I mean? 
A friend, know for less that a year, was leaving Australia and we had to celebrate with some ozy activity. Surf lesson. Whatever. 
I bought a second hand car. It had a second hand 7'2 surfboard fitted inside. 
I met an italian painter to help him with some stuff. He was in Gold Coast to paint surfboards.
An old friend, supposedly lost in Japan, moved to Brisbane taking all by surprise. After a glass too many he decided it was time to learn surfing, and he included me in his reasoning. 

I resisted for more than 10 years, but it was not enough. Surfing kept coming to me from every direction. 

Than, the second part of the serendipity story is that, once I started, I discovered the beauty of it, which I didn't expect at all. And the consequences of surfing on me.

So today it all became clear.
Serendipity will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment