04 October 2022

New toy!

I did it.

After hours spent reading the web, and a long chat with the guy at the shop, I came out with a new, noserider board, completed with a new pivot single fin.

And I tested it.

Unfortunately the waves were small and the tide rising, so conditions were not great. Basically waves were disappearing!

Anyhow, these are my first impressions:

-The board catch wave easily. I think easier than my other board. I'll have to confirm another time as the waves were really hard to catch this time! 

-The board with that fin is really slow to turn. Feels heavy and slow. Not in a negative way, just different. And I can see how the classic 60s style cutback makes sense with this setting. I'll have to learn it.   

-The board is sooo steady while I walk on it! So easy!

So, now, it's a matter of learning some new dynamic. It's tricky because I love the arches I make with the other board, and I will have to give them up to concentrate on the new stuff.

But at the same time I know that if I get into the right spot, I can noseride on a new standard.

Interesting things ahead. Let's hope spring time will be a welcoming season.  






Non ho resistito.

Dopo ore passate sul web ad una lunga chiacchiera al negozio, ho ceduto e comprato a buon prezzo un longboard dedicato al nose riding, completo di nuova pinna apposita.

E l'ho usato. Le onde non erano quello che mi aspettavo e la marea in salita ha complicato le cose.

Comunque al momento posso affermare questo:

- La tavola parte facilmente. Mi e' sembrato piu' facilmente di quella che utilizzo di solito, ma devo confermare.

- La tavola con relativa pinna e' lentissima da girare. Sembra pesabte e lenta. Non in modo negativo, ma semplicemente diverso. E ha ancora piu' senso il cutback tipico degli anni 60, quella manovra che e' piu' uno stallo che una virata, una chicane, a cui dovro' dedicare del tempo.

- La tavola rimane immobile mentre ci cammino sopra. Piantata dentro l'acqua. Facilissima.    

Ora, come ogni cambio, succede che con questa tavola e questa pinna rinuncio alla manegevolezza e a quello che in linea di massima mi piace di piu' fare, e mi metto nella condizione di dover imparare una dinamica un po' diversa. Potrebbe risultare frustrante in certi frangenti. Ma ho voluto la bicicletta..

In ogni caso non vedo l'ora di avere una buona occasione per starci sul naso. Penso di poter far bene.

Spero che la primavera non sia avara come al solito.



No comments:

Post a Comment